I must have been busy or something because all of a sudden I didn't post anything for 6 days! Here are the Dictionary.com words of the day for October 5-10.
Sunday, October 10:
Bricolage \bree-koh-LAHZH; brih-\ , noun;
1. Construction or something constructed by using whatever materials happen to be available.
Saturday, October 9:
Roborant \ROB-uh-ruhnt\ , adjective, noun;
1. adj. Strengthening; restoring vigor
2. n. A strengthening medicine; a tonic; a restorative
Friday, October 8:
Wassail \WAH-sul; wah-SAYL\ , noun;
1. An expression of good wishes on a festive occasion, especially in drinking to someone.
2. An occasion on which such good wishes are expressed in drinking; a drinking bout; a carouse.
3. The liquor used for a wassail; especially, a beverage formerly much used in England at Christmas and other festivals, made of ale (or wine) flavored with spices, sugar, toast, roasted apples, etc.
Thursday, October 7:
Mana \MAH--nuh\ , noun;
1. A generalized, supernatural force or power, which may be concentrated in objects or persons.
2. An ancient kingdom in Iran, in Kurdistan.
Wednesday, October 6:
Acta \AK-tuh\ , noun;
1. Official records, as of acts, deeds, proceedings, transactions, or the like.
Tuesday, October 5:
Teem \TEEM\ , verb;
1. To abound or swarm; be prolific or fertile
2. To empty or pour out; discharge